We would all like to eat healthier meals, but life often gets in the way. While we are staying at home, why not try a new recipe? Something fresh and easy to make – Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls!
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (or fresh, if in season)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds), riced (or one 16-ounce bag riced cauliflower)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 to 3 medium limes)
- 1 cup diced or shredded cooked chicken (optional), warmed if desired
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Place the beans, corn, water, chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the riced cauliflower and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is heated through and just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add 1/4 cup of the cilantro and the lime juice, and stir to combine.
Divide the riced cauliflower among 4 bowls. Top with the bean and corn mixture, chicken if using, pico de gallo or salsa, and avocado slices. Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve warm.
You can keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
(Recipe by Kelli Foster, Food Editor Plan and Prep)