Do you like bananas and chocolate? Do you like healthy recipes? If so, this is for YOU! Easy protein banana muffins…gluten and dairy free
- 1 cup mashed banana approx 2 large bananas
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted+ cooled)
- 3/4 cu oat flour (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (whey works best)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a lined or greased muffin tin.
In a bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Stir in egg, honey, and coconut oil until combined.
Add in oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips (or walnuts)
Pour batter into cups, filling 3/4 of the way. Do not overfill!
Bake muffins for 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin.
Recipe by the Clean Eating Couple